Thursday, October 22, 2009

Maybeline 24 Hour Superstay Review


Hello Everyone!

So here's another beauty product review for you. Today it's Maybeline Superstay 24 hour make-up. 

It claims: 24 hour wear, no transfer, Withstands heat, sweat and humidity, suitable for all skin types, won't clog pores. 

In reality: It wears for 24 hours, It transfers VERY easily, will withstand heat, sweat and humidity if you don't touch your face. 


Details: I wore the medium shade to an office for 9 hours (lunch included). It went on smoothly and covered better than MAC. It gave full coverage without being as thick as MAC or Revlon. It smells better than both. Normally by noon I have a strange breakout attempting to form on my face. With this foundation I never saw a change in my skin's texture. After accidentally falling asleep with the foundation on I found that I never had blackheads or clogged pores. Immediately after the foundation was set, I touched my face and touched my hand to a white piece of paper. There was nothing. I drove to the office and sat at my desk. I did the white paper test again. There was a slight transfer. I was also warmer. The true test was lunch time. With the exception of my naturally oily skin, I looked flawless. There were no streaks or smudges. It was set but shiny. I used a Kleenex to dab away the oil. The Kleenex was covered with foundation. 

The next day I applied powder over the foundation. I was left with the flawless airbrushed look. More importantly, It was a naturally flawless look. I appeared to be "born with it". The powder seemed to set the foundation. 



Verdict: I recommend this product over MAC and Revlon. It seems to do less damage to the skin and stays put for 24 hours as it claims. But it isn't transfer free. I would recommend setting with powder or switching to Revlon for oily skin types.

No comments:

Post a Comment