It's wedding season again and brides everywhere are counting down to that big day. The cake has been taste tested. The dress has been altered at least once already. The groomsmen are all fitted for their tuxes. The bridal showers and bachelor parties are planned and ready to be denied. The bridesmaids...well, the bridesmaids are being bridesmaids.
You chose your closest friends and family members to be your color-coded allies. All they have to do is show up for the wedding and remember when and where to walk. Sounds simple right? Wrong. Every year there are brides who wish they never had a bridesmaid in the first place. Here are the top ten reasons.
10. Coordination - It's difficult enough trying to find the right wedding dress, flowers and wedding ring sets. Try color, style, and accessory coordination. It's enough to make your weave fall out before the wedding.
9. Jealousy - Remember that song "Backstabbers?" That pretty much describes the mindset of some bridesmaids. They lead you on and practically beg to be in your wedding only to drop out on you at the last minute potentially ruining the aesthetics of your wedding.
8. Broke as a Joke - Weddings are expensive especially during wedding season. No matter how cheap you think the dresses are, they are never cheap enough. The fact remains that your bridesmaids are paying $200 and up for something they will never wear again.
7. Fashionistas - You really put time and thought into the style of the dresses, hair, shoes, etc. The reality is that you are dressing more than one person in a color that is not one size fits all. You may also choose a shape of dress that is unflattering to the figures of some of your bridesmaids. If your bridesmaids don't feel their best they won't behave their best.
6. Busy Bees - You aren't the only person with a lot on your plate. Your bridesmaids have jobs and families of their own. Your wedding can be taxing to their already full lives.
5. Sweethearts - Some women are so honored to be chosen to be a part of your unforgettable day that they are afraid to say "no." They don't want to let you down so they agree to what you want even though they don't have the time and/or the money. Ironically, they wind up letting you down.
4. Drunken Fools - Some women take a few too many liberties at the bridal shower or bachelorette party before the wedding. They show up wobbly legged, red eyed, and cotton mouthed hung over on your wedding day. You spend the day praying they don't spew chunks on your officiant.
3. Pit Bull - We all want our bridesmaids to get our backs on our wedding day. Some bridesmaids take this part of their jobs a little too seriously. They rightfully earn the title of Bridesmaidzilla by snapping at anyone that gets in their way.
2. Procrastinator - She waits until the month of your wedding to tell you she doesn't have her dress, or the money for her hair. It is now too late to make alternate plans. She didn't do it intentionally buy she might as well have as you won't hate her any less.
1. Show Stopper - It's your day. The only person your groom should see at the alter is you. Some brides report catching their grooms looking at the sexy bridesmaids behind them. Although your family is there for you, people will be looking at the bridesmaids instead of you for a few moments at a time. They are evaluating the dresses, their behavior, and even their weight. Either way, you will not be the center of attention.