Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Favorite Things: Heiress Set



Being a mom usually means wearing jeans and sweats on a daily basis. It makes perfect sense when you think about it. Jeans are durable and can take a beating. Sweats are comfortable and easy to move around in or chase a toddler. But just because I like to be comfortable and not waste my money on high end clothes just to have my baby spit carrots on them, doesn't mean that I don't like to look good.

One way that I spruce up the jeans and t-shirt look is to wear makeup and curl my hair. I usually throw in some heels to make it look sexy. But what usually works like a charm, even without the heels and the makeup is the jewelry. If the jewelry is upscale or classy enough it makes the jeans look more expensive, thus making me look less like a bumming mom.

Check out this earring and pendant necklace set I made for Rain Tree Boutique. The color and the pendant elevate my appearance above that of vacuuming. It can be worn with that little black dress or with the jeans and t-shirt.

No matter how simple your attire is, jewelry can make you look ten times more put together than you would without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment