Here is a quick and easy recipe that your family will love. It's something that a one year old or an adult can eat. It's better than the old classic Sloppy Joes.
You will need:
Large hamburger buns
1 bottle of your favorite bbq sauce (nothing spicy if your baby is eating)
1 large bell pepper
1 small yellow onion
1lb of stew meat or tri-tip
crock pot liner
1. Chop the bell pepper and onion up into 1/2 inch pieces or smaller.
2. Place the liner bag into the crock pot and turn it on high for 4 hour cook time or low for 6 hours. Low and slow is always best with barbeque.
3. Add the meat and vegetables to the pot along with half of the bottle of bbq sauce. There should be enough sauce to cover and coat the meat. This is where the flavor is from. If you are feeding children, leave out the salt and pepper. It's not as healthy for them.
4. When the meat is done it should be tender and should appear shredded already. If not, use a pasta spoon or spatula to remove the meat to a cutting board, leaving the liquid in the pot. Chop the meat up as finely as necessary and add to a large boss. Coat with the remaining sauce as desired. Spoon onto the buns and serve.
5. Serve roasted corn, green beans, or baked beans as a side. No more Manwich for you.