|Not a photo of my actual meal. It was eaten too fast.|
I came up with this meal in an attempt to get my children to eat more vegetables. Each service of the vegetable penne noodles was equal to a serving of vegetables. I added a few more vegetables and made a quick, light dinner.
* All ingredients are organic unless otherwise stated. You may substitute at will.
- 1 12 oz box of veggie penne (Use Sunny Select if you can't find organic)
- 1 16 oz can of Kirkland diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of sliced white mushrooms
- 1/4 cup of chopped spinach.
- 1/4 cup of fresh, grated parmesean cheese.
- 1/4 tsp each of oregano and marjoram (you can substitute italian seasoning)
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a 5-qt pot, boil pasta according to the package. Do not overcook the penne.
2. Drain the water and reduce heat to low. Add tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, and seasonings to taste.
3. Allow to cook for 5-10 minutes or until mushrooms are done and tomatoes are heated through. Use a pasta spoon and carefully turn the pasta every so often to warm evenly.
4. Sprinkle parmesean on each serving after plating.