Here is my copycat recipe for Chili's Wings Over Buffalo. I love their wings. But lately, every time I go there the appetizer has increased by a dollar and decreased in number of wings. They started at about $6 and order and are now $9 and order. I found it cheaper to make them myself and have as many as I want, any time of day.
Makes 6 Servings
- 36 chicken party wings (They come frozen by the bag)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco red sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons Frank's Louisiana hot sauce
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine
- celery sticks
- blue cheese dressing (I prefer ranch) for dipping
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a bowl toss the wings with the oil, and salt. Place into a large bag, and add the flour. Shake to coat evenly. Remove wings and shake off excess flour. Spread them out on an oiled foil-lined baking pan(s). Do not crowd. Bake for about 20 minutes until they are crispy, turning the wings halfway through.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a pan and simmer over low heat.
- Before the wings cool, transfer to a large mixing bowl and pour the sauce over them. Coat completely.