Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Blockbuster Vs Netflix Round 1

By request I have started a free trial with Blockbuster to compare with Netflix. Here are my findings as of today. 

Customer Service

Blockbuster- Answered my call within 30 seconds, Took his time explaining he services to me, offered me the 30 day free trial, pronounced my name correctly. 

Netflix-Answered my call in 7mins 20 seconds, listened to my questions, answered them in a concise matter, tried to be personal with me ("i'm excited about that too", "I can't wait"), pronounced my name incorrectly and left off part of my last name immediately after I said it for him, told me a price that conflicted with the website.

DVD only service

Blockbuster- 2 DVD's at one time, unlimited rentals, new releases before Netflix, able to exchange my movies in the store rather than wait on them in the mail, video games and Blue-Ray are included at no extra charge. 

$14.98/month

Netflix- 2 DVD's at one time, unlimited rentals, wait on new releases, cannot exchange in the store, video games not available for another 3-6 weeks, there will be an extra charge for approximately $3.00 more per month, Blue-Ray is an extra $3.00 a month.

$11.99/month
$17.99/month in theory with Blue-Ray and video game options

Streaming only service

Blockbuster-Currently not available, offers On Demand Pay Per View, cannot stream through video game console, On Demand only available on limited devices, movie is only available 24 hours.

$1.99 to $9.99 depending on the movie.

Netflix-Streaming is unlimited, one flat rate, streams through video game consoles and more devices than Blockbuster, no time limit on movies. 

$7.99/month


My conclusion, as it stands, my plan is to use Blockbuster for their DVD only option and Netflix for their streaming only option. If Blockbuster offers streaming I will drop Netflix immediately. Until then this will be my proposed method. It's no different than using to websites and have two charges from Nteflix and Qwikster anyway.

Round 1-Tie

No comments:

Post a Comment